Saturday, September 17, 2011

HOW TO STAY MOTIVATED


Have you even told yourself that you are going to get SIX PACK ABS for the summer only to find yourself embarrassed to take your shirt off at the beach? The  problem may be that you can not stay motivated enough to do it. We all struggle to stay motivated, but motivation is often the difference between success and failure.

We have all heard about the underdog who against all odds becomes victories. People love the underdog because they are not gifted or aided in any way. The underdog fight through adversity until success is within grasp. You are the underdog in your life. You must overcome obstacles, avoid distractions and stay focused on your fitness goals.

3 Rules to Stay Motivated
Rule #1: Write Specific Goals
If you want to go on vacation, you must first pick a destination. You have to be specific about where exactly you want to go and  how you are going to get there. If you want Ripped SIX PACK ABS, you must do the same. To see your abs you must be under 10% body fat and your body will lose approximately 2 lbs of fat a week. Knowing this you can begin writing down your specific goal. Do not just write down “I want to get fit.” Instead write “I want to have 5% body fat.” Writing down you goals makes your goal more clear and forces you to really think about what it is you want to achieve. It may seem like a petty task  but, people who write down their goals are much more likely to achieve them. Write down a long term goal and some short term goals you must reach in order to be on track to achieve you long term goal. Be Specific!
Rule #2: Set Realistic Deadlines
Getting SIX PACK ABS is not easy and does not happen over night. One of the biggest mistakes people make is to believe they can transform their body in days or weeks. In reality it takes months or even years to transform your body. Your body can only burn 2lbs of fat per week. If you try to drop weight too drastically it will most likely come at the expense of your muscle tone. Drastically weight loss will leave you looking thin and flabby, so take your time and set realistic deadlines. Your deadline should be challenging but it should be realistic.
Rule #3: Share Goals and Deadlines
For years I tried to get Ripped, but I was only able to get SIX PACK ABS after I told all my friends and family that I was going to compete. By sharing your goals and deadlines you create a support team. People will begin to encourage you and hold you accountable to reaching your goals. I even had my younger brother yell at me if he saw me holding food that was not in my diet while I was preparing for my first body building competition. I think he really enjoyed the opportunity to yell at me but I did not give him too many chances. The point I am trying to make is that we all make mistakes and get discouraged, but by sharing our goals with others, they remind us of our goals and help us stay focused.
Bonus Tip: Join Contests
A great way to stay motivated is to join a contest. Fitness contests set goals and deadlines for you. They have specific standards that they are looking for and have a deadline they must be met by. They also encourage you to share your participation in the contest with friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment